Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Quick Outing




Caddis Pattern Continues To Produce 
I had the opportunity to fish for a quick 2 hours yesterday....1pm-3pm to be exact. I rigged up a few nymph's and started working my way upstream. Soft seems outside the heavy stuff is still producing the majority of fish. I also landed many fish where most anglers wade.....so next time out watch where you are wading you might want to fish it first!

Fish were keying in on small caddis larva. It's amazing how trout can see these small bugs in fast water. Outside of midges there were no bugs to speak of. Overall the 2 hours was extremely productive under the surface.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Old Man Winter Grappling With Consistency

  This will go down as one of the mildest Decembers since I have moved out to Montana. We've had a stretch of temperatures into the 40&#...