Monday, July 7, 2014

Finding Cold Water In July

Soft Hackle was the meal ticket



I got the chance to fish from 9:30am-5pm today. The weather was hot and sunny and because I got a late start my expectations were not very high. I started of Tight-Lining and was surprised to see some Sulphur's still hatching. A dropped a soft hackle 18 inches above my anchor fly and this was the ticket. Fish ate the fly willingly for the next few hours. Spooking fish was an issue because of the sunny skies and low water, I had to make myself wade with more caution. I moved locations and really started getting into fish. The pocket water really produced for me today.

They don't get much better looking then this guy

Pocket Water Produced


No comments:

Post a Comment

Old Man Winter Grappling With Consistency

  This will go down as one of the mildest Decembers since I have moved out to Montana. We've had a stretch of temperatures into the 40&#...