Monday, January 5, 2015

Patagonia 3-in-1 River Salt Jacket

Ok, I've only been out on the water 1 time with this beast but I have no doubt it will continue to produce. I wanted a new jacket because my winter coat is bright red. I know right, I'm getting carried away but I always thought during the winter months I was spooking fish because the water is usually low and clear. Well Santa hooked me up (Thanks Mom and Dad!) and today was the first day out on the water with it.

The shell itself has Patagonia's H2NO Performance Standard Shell to block the wind and keep you dry. I have a few other Patagonia Jackets like this and they are all bomb proof. The cuffs are spandex and for the first time ever my base layers didn't get a drop of water on them. Usually when I release fish it's inevitable that some water leaks down your jacket sleeve, not with this jacket. There are plenty of pockets that can store a bunch of gear. But....my favorite feature is the Button Up Nano-Puff. I did a float with a client 2 months ago and he gave the Nano-Puff rave reviews. He was spot on. I layered with a thin wool long underwear top, and a zip-up fleece. I was out on the water for 8 hours today, it was 19 degrees with 20-30 mph winds....there were times I was sweating lol. I don't know what the heck that PrimaLoft Gold insulation is but it keeps you warm and is light. The weight is such an added bonus, I felt 50 pounds lighter then last year at this time. Ya it's expensive. But if you don't mind spending the cash or can get a deal on this jacket, I HIGHLY recommend it.

*Update on this jacket since my last post. The zipper on this jacket really sucks. It's broke 2 times and on the verge of breaking for the 3rd time. Nothing more annoying then failing gear.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Old Man Winter Grappling With Consistency

  This will go down as one of the mildest Decembers since I have moved out to Montana. We've had a stretch of temperatures into the 40&#...