Saturday, January 24, 2015

Patagonia Foot Tractor Wading Boot: Gear Review

   Because I get to fish so much, I've gone through numerous pairs of wading boots over the years. Felt, studs, rubber soles....you name it and I've worn it. I go through 2-3 sets a year. I usually hate splurging on boots because I have no faith they will last. That was until I got the new Patagonia Foot Tractor Wading Boots. There's a reason they have won some awards this year, they are LEGIT.

   Traction and durability are the most important things to me when looking into purchasing a wading boot. The most striking feature people will notice is the wedged aluminum bars on the sole of the boot. The bars are soft enough to grab rocky surfaces with a good grip, but hard enough to cut through anything else mother nature throws at you. The bars provide a large area for traction like felt but don’t wear out like felt soles. They also have the ability to keep you stable with the wedged traction bars. They are the sturdiest boots I've ever worn on the stream. Even though they are light, they are well constructed and I feel confident they will last me the entire fishing season.

   I've tested these out on some streams that are known to eat anglers on a regular basis. These boots have given me the confidence to wade further into the river and catch more fish. Absolutely a must have if you are in the market for a new fishing boot, you won't be disappointed.

*Update as of December 1st 2017. It's been awhile since I have looked into my blog and I came across this review. These bars are the best traction I ever had on the stream. But I lied about the Durability....these boots fell apart very quickly...I went through 3 pairs in a year. Patagonia is awesome with their backing of a product and kept sending me new ones....but I ended up not wanting them anymore because of how poor they are constructed. Keep in mind I fish a lot....but still....I would NOT buy these again because of poor construction.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Old Man Winter Grappling With Consistency

  This will go down as one of the mildest Decembers since I have moved out to Montana. We've had a stretch of temperatures into the 40&#...