Saturday, October 3, 2015

Horrible Weather Equals Good Fishing

Best Fish Of The Float 


I floated with my buddy Don today. The weather was.....well Montana in the fall. High Winds, Cold Temps and damn cold rain! We almost thought about backing out prior to put-in but I'm glad we didn't. A slow morning of chucking meat really turned into a great outing.
White Wooly Bugger

The fish turned onto streamers right around lunch-time and the last half of the float was action packed. We got some really quality fish on a variety of sculpin patterns and we both forgot about the cold for a few hours. I've heard nothing but good things about fishing in Montana during the month of October.....today didn't disappoint.

It Was A Streamer Kind Of Day 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Old Man Winter Grappling With Consistency

  This will go down as one of the mildest Decembers since I have moved out to Montana. We've had a stretch of temperatures into the 40&#...