Thursday, January 21, 2016

Gear Review: Mens Shovelhead Jacket From Big Agnes

Best Winter Insulation A Fisherman Can Have
So it's been winter here in Montana for the last 8 weeks. The average air temperature I've been fishing in is around 22 degrees, a bit cooler then most winter days back home. This Shovelhead Jacket by Big Agnes has allowed me to venture out into the elements and spend the entire day on the water, without getting chilled once. The 700-fill DownTek hydrophic insulation is more legit then anything I've ever worn. I've fished in negative temperatures this winter and this thing has kept my core warm. All I wear underneath it is a long sleeve wool shirt, R1 fleece pullover from Patagonia and the Shovelhead. Long gone are the day's of feeling BULKY too, this jacket is VERY flexible and you don't feel restricted while casting. So if your in the market for a piece of cold weather clothing.....look no further.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Old Man Winter Grappling With Consistency

  This will go down as one of the mildest Decembers since I have moved out to Montana. We've had a stretch of temperatures into the 40&#...